Levno is New Zealand’s leading provider of telemetry to the rural sector in New Zealand. We have a rapidly growing customer base throughout New Zealand and will shortly be entering the Australian market.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee Levno’s ongoing operations and procedures. The COO will be responsible for providing leadership, management and vision to ensure that Levno has the proper operational controls and people systems in place to grow Levno into an international company; and to ensuring financial strength and operational efficiency.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working alongside the CTO. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading, managing and holding people accountable by providing day-to-day leadership and management that demonstrates Levno’s core values and lead others, so they take more initiative in their roles.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Spearheading the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Maintaining policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Measuring the effectiveness of all processes both internal and external
- Providing timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Collaborating with CEO on strategic plans for company growth and evolution
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, partners and vendors
- Fostering a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
- Responsible and accountable for working with team members
Ideal Attributes for this role:
- High standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity
- Show a real passion for the customer journey
- Evidence of the ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- An ability to be persuasive and procure buy-in from management
- A love of innovation and conquering new challenges
- The ownership to simply get things done!
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Proven experience in some of these areas would be advantageous
- Telemetry and/or the agriculture sector
- Customer Support/Call Centre
- Taking products to the market